We all know stars love their juice diets, and who can blame them? They have amazing health benefits, and they also help them stay in great shape. Althought Most of us equate a detox with deprivation—or worse. We think hunger, weird food, kale juice and colonics. We might feel better at the end, but is it really worth the pain and suffering? The thing is, you don’t have to suffer. There’s another kind of detox that’s all about fabulous, delicious food.
With New Year’s resolution goals in full swing and many of us setting goals to be more healthy, I thought it would be a perfect time to share one of my favorite slimming and detoxing smoothie recipes.This recipe is Victoria Secret model Alexandra Ambrosia’s favorite juice recipe. If this gorgeous mother of two is drinking these and looks like she does, well then sign me up!
- Another reason why I love this drink so much is the major health benefits. They really are endless, but here are just ten to name a few:
- -gives you more energy
- -mental clarity
- -crave less junk
- -less snacking
- -filling (I am so full after having one)
- -improves skin and lessens wrinkes
- -reduces the risk of serious disease
- -improves your immunity
- My challenge to you is to try this amazing smoothie in the next week and let me know what you think. Trust me you will love it! It really is tasty. Even my husband loves it. I like to incorporate one a day; either as a morning or afternoon snack. Here is what you will need to make
- 2 servings Recipe-make one and save one for later, they keep well for one day.
- 1-very unripe banana
- 1-one large pear and or green apple
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce or I prefer KALE
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1-cup of celery
- Organic honey or I prefer Truvia (natural sweetener) to sweeten
- 1 cup of very cold water
Add the lid and you can take your smoothie to work, gym or on the go wherever you’re headed. Your body will thank you!